Sunday, March 7, 2010

She is six.

Photobucket

I have a six year old? I cannot say how delighted and honored I am to be entrusted to raise Hailey. She is beyond her years in maturity, vocabulary, and height. She goes through reams of paper plastering our house with love notes, cards, pictures from stories in her head; crayon glimpses into her amazing mind and heart. Over the last year she has turned into my second pair of hands and feet and has a budding mother's heart. She cares for her little brother and sister and makes sure our house is full of happiness at [almost] all times.

Happy Birthday Hailey!

Photobucket

(Nora had a hard birthday week.)

Photobucket

Hailey had a Rainbow Birthday Party with her friends and loved every second of it.

Photobucket

We played "Pin the Cloud on the Rainbow."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

John and Charlie enjoying the party.

Photobucket

Hailey: Proof that your Dad loves you. He spend over three hours making that pinata

Photobucket

which was a huge success.

Photobucket

We painted popcorn with edible paint.

Photobucket

(food colored sweetened condensed milk.)

Photobucket

We love you Hailey!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad the Olders are at school right now. Otherwise I know exactly what I would HAVE to do this summer for their birthdays, LOL. Could you share how you made that cake? I don't know if I would actually get it made, but I love the idea of it and I'd be sorely tempted.

Emily said...

What a great theme for a party. I see that Hailey got the present from us. Glad to see that it fits!

adriennep said...

Jenni, this is the prettiest party ever. I am impressed. I saw that cake on Ohdeedoh or something and thought it was so pretty. I think you made it even prettier! Love the popcorn idea, love the banners... And, I am guessing you made the rainbow for the pin-the-cloud game, but it looks like that would be hard to do to keep it so even! So now I think you should post tutorials and give details for all of your beautiful stuff. And you should do it in all your loads of spare time. I admit that I will file some of these ideas away for copying. I have had this idea of a weather-themed party jiggeting around in my brain for a while. I know that sounds weird, but think: decorating plain white kid-sized umbrellas? Making rain-sticks? Making sun-prints outside (assuming there's ever sunshine). I think it's so cute and this fits right in. Of course I am on the hook for doing a pink bunny party for Lucy this year. Oh, children and their preferences. I might have to hard sell my weather party idea one of these days.

Lindsey said...

okay, i took some pretty good pictures! maybe it's just your editing...it was amazing!