Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Nora's Butterfly Birthday Party (November)









Nora really is a trooper. She wanted to invited friends over for her fourth birthday party, but we had a reallly busy fall, and kept on postponing it week. . .after week. . .. after week.  Finally, over a month later, everything fell into place. After realizing she could not invite her cousins from Utah or her cousins from Nevada ("Why not Mom? It's just a short plane ride?"), or her friends from Milwaukee, or her friends from Ohio, she put together a nice short list of her new friends in Connecticut. 

And it was a great time. And the big plus about having it five weeks after her birthday was that I was able to get all the little girls butterfly costumes leftover from Halloween at Walmart for 90% off!  $75 worth of skirts and wings and jewelry for $7.50. And the cake was kind of a night-before-shoot-from the-hip type of thing.

3 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

You are the most creative mom on the planet! I love it!

abby o said...

Man I couldn't have pulled that off if I had a YEAR to plan it, cause, the thing is, I do have all year to pull something together and don't...maybe girls will be easier? Cause I can copy your butterfly idea? Anyway I love it.

Carolyn Hanson said...

$7.50? SCORE! Love it.
I can't believe how big everyone is getting.
And how fun to see little snips of your home in CT :o)
We should chat soon, no?