Thursday, September 22, 2011

Newport, Rhode Island: without kids.

[April 2011]
~

This spring we women around these parts decided that we were (over)due a retreat weekend away from kids and home-tending to relax and have a little fun. Well, a weekend was not a realistic goal this time around, so we settled for 10 hours.

We traveled to Newport, Rhode Island to tour the huge, beautiful, seaside mansions once owned by members of the Rockefeller families. Unfortunately, no photos were allowed of the inside. But trust me, they were opulent; the personification of excess.

Between the speeding ticket for the driver, the run-in with the town drunk, and lots of shopping and eating, it was a very eventful day. 












1 comment:

abby o said...

Oh how I would love to experience the rockafeller opulence for myself. And you may have given me the courage I need to cut bangs.