Thursday, October 15, 2009

Details

Photobucket
btw, he IS this cute in real life.

Demeanor of baby: Good. Doesn't cry much. Takes over-handling from toddlers very well.

C-section?: Yes. Long story short, after talking to several doctors we determined that the nerve damage I received in my leg when I had Nora could have happened from the pressure from labor instead of the epidural. We will never know for sure, but erred on the side of caution. I don't like c-sections, but I dislike not walking even more.

Walking? Legs working this time?: Yes and yes. All is fine with my legs. It's nice to not have a cane or brace this time.

Girls handling it okay?: Yes, BUT they have had Grandmas giving them constant attention up until yesterday, so we'll still have to see. . . Nora found a baby bottle from Charles shower presents, filled it up with water, and took it to bed with her. Really cool object or large step in regression? Only time will tell.

Complications?: Not really, but has anyone heard of referred shoulder pain from an agitated diaphragm or gas being caught in the abdominal cavity and traveling? I don't know what it ended up being diagnosed as, except as the worst hour and most intense pain of my life. But all is well.

Is having a son all John thought it would be?: and more. Stoked totally sums it up for him.

Charles? Really?: Oh yeah! After a week he's starting to grow in to the name. The kid was nameless for a day and a half and was "Henry" for about an hour. Didn't fit. I would still like to call him "Charlie" but the girls are resistant to any nick-names. So we'll see if we can slide that in later on. But you may also refer to him as "The King" because, as my sister pointed out, all the first and middle names we were considering were English royalty.

So, Hail to The King!

14 comments:

Melina said...

What a perfect picture!

Emily said...

That is the most adorable picture! I can't wait to meet Charles. I love the name. By the way, I loved your last post. Very beautiful. I can't wait to have children of my own!

abby o said...

awwww, sweet, sweet, baby. So glad mama made it through too. Phew.

Roxy said...

congratulations jenni! awesome pictures and i love your thought in the last post. it's a good reminder for all of us mom's not matter how old our kids are, so thanks!
also, that shoulder pain after surgery is very common, but extremely painful from what i've seen. sorry you had to go through that but so glad everything else went so beautifully. have fun!!

Carolyn Hanson said...

Glad you're doing well. He is SO precious! I'm still getting used to the idea of you having a boy in your home. Maybe you are too. :)

Jodee Luke said...

squeal squeal squeal!!! he is so darn cute!!! i hope things continue to go well, it's a bummer when all the help leaves huh? you'll do great:)

Miriam said...

So glad everything went well! I actually got the same referred pain in my shoulder also. Not very fun. Sadie also got attached to a binky after Piper was born and insisted on having it although she didn't even know you were supposed to suck on it. She just kept it in her mouth. Lucky that got old after a few months.
The king is lookin good!

Pam Emmons said...

He is perfect! Oh my gosh! Glad you are doing so well! Oh, and yes... I have heard of the referred shoulder pain thing. In fact I have had it! After my 2 operations and having my abdomen being filled with air, I got the same thing... twice! It is intense! Sorry you had to go through that, too! And yes, I am still on the hunt for the perfect German baby gift.

Sarah said...

Although I do love the name Henry (I did use it on my last boy), I have to admit that Charlie seems to fit your really well. He is so adorable. Good job momma! (and John too)

Sessions said...

HE IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so sorry you had that pain in your shoulder I had it after a surgery and it was a painful two days. Hope you guys are doing well, He really is so perfect!!!

Mandie said...

OH, I want to hold him! He is is so darling. You are going to love having a little boy. I don't know, but I really think there is something special between mom's and their boys! Just like dad's and their daughters I guess. Glad everything went okay (I guess child birth never really is great is it)

T & E's Blog said...

I love that Charles ("Charlie") is on a Charlie Brown-striped blanket!!!

Laurie said...

He's adorable! I'm really glad you posted all the little updates so we all know you're doing well now. I hope this week has been manageable without the grandma help available!

Amy and the boys said...

Congrats Jenni! This third baby thing is great isn't it? And I was worried... :)
Love the name- especially if you get that nickname in there. Sorry you had a c-section but glad you have total mobility to handle life with 3 kids. Thank heavens for kindergarten!