Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween and all that stuff

Photobucket

Halloween has come and gone and November is here already. Here's a brief look at our Halloween festivities in a mere sixteen photos. Introducing Glinda and the Wicked Witch of the West.

Photobucket

Trunk-or-Treat. This is the only photo of Charlie in his costume, who slept soundly through most of the fun of this week. He was a duck.

Photobucket

Nora waiting to see Hailey in her school's Halloween parade.

Photobucket

Check out the air Nora has on that jump! She was so excited to see Hailey in a parade.

Photobucket

Can you spot Hailey?

Photobucket

One day we woke up, and our backyard tree that has resisted changing color transformed into bright yellow overnight! The girls loved the leaves, and by the next day, all the leaves had dropped and the tree is bare.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daily dose of Charlie.

Photobucket

Annual pumpkin carving. Hailey wanted a kitty, Nora wanted a Ghostie,

Photobucket

And Charlie wanted a classic jack-o-lantern. I think he did a great job for a four-week-old.

Photobucket

Glinda.

Photobucket

Wicked Witch.

Photobucket

Trick-or-treating.

Photobucket

Whoops! There goes Hailey's hat! It was windy trick-or-treating.

Photobucket

I mean this as a compliment: I think Hailey is the BEST wicked witch ever.

Photobucket

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

How fun! Annie was Dorothy this year... too bad we don't live close anymore!

Carolyn Hanson said...

Very cute pics. Looks like your holiday was a huge succes!

abby o said...

We just watched Wizard of Oz with the kids for the first time and I was SO delighted to see Glinda, for me that was the best part of that show seeing how ridiculous she was when I remembered her being so glamorous as a child. Nora really redeems that role for me. And I LOVE that shot of Hailey sans hat.

Melina said...

I, too, am very impressed with Charlie's pumpkin-carving skills. The costumes turned out great and Ben thinks Nora looks like she's flying in the picture where she's excited to see Hailey. That's a feat the real Glinda never pulled off.

The Copes said...

So I'm just wondering if the witch casting had anything to do with personalities?---Is Hailey going to look back on this Halloween and write a self-help book about how to overcome your childhood labels.

I just hope no-one remembers me dressed as a cheerleader. That's one Halloween I'm trying to put behind me.