Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Benefit of the Doubt.

New Elliptical Machine: unused.

Blog: Left back in October of '09.

Little friends' birthday parties: forgotten. (sorry Hailey.)

Book Club Book: unread.

Body: unshowered.

Fridge: empty.

Christmas Tree: still up with no current plans to take down.

Dinner Menu: nonexistent.


So my question is, when is a baby no longer a newborn? It's been three months, and I still feel like I'm just barely making it. How much longer do I have before I no longer get The Benefit of the Doubt? When do I have to stop giving the excuse "but I just had a baby"?

Laundry getting a little out of control? It's okay, I just had a baby.

Forgot that Hailey had homework? Forgot that Hailey HAD SCHOOL? It's okay, I just had a baby.

Kind of look like I fell out of the dumpster in the morning? It's okay, I just had a baby.

When does that end? Because I'm not ready for that.

Two more stats though-

Hungry Hungry Hippos: played for 2 hours yesterday with Nora yesterday while bouncing Charlie up and down on my lap. (one of those hours we played with just our feet.)

Three kids in this house: loved.


More updates coming soon. hopefully.

9 comments:

Mandie said...

I feel like that and I haven't even had the baby yet. I keep thinking, when do I need to stop using the excuse, I'm in the first trimester and sick (I'm almost 14 weeks). I feel like such a slacker. Glad to hear you haven't taken your tree down either.

Nicki said...

Jenni, I'm so liberal with giving the benefit...seriously, at least 1 year! You're on #3, and it makes a huge difference. If it makes you feel better, my tree finally came down today (I'm leaning on the "I'm 35 weeks pregnant excuse!)

Mindy said...

Maybe you should change your excuse from "I just had a baby" to "I'm a mom!"

Laurie said...

I'm chuckling here. Funny stuff. Yeah, no answers here, it's just all too familiarly funny.

Unknown said...

I'm not pregnant, my littlest baby is 4, and I still barely keep my head above water way too often, LOL! I think the last ones are the most important. Playing Hungry Hungry Hippos and loving those kids :)

Pam Emmons said...

Oh Jenni. You just had number three. Which means you have more kids then hands. Some old man pointed that out to me while I was in a hotel without Pete, trying to wrangle the kids. I don't have enough hands for these kids! Be as lazy as you want. I am. Life goes on, even if you're lazy. But, good luck... still wish I could see that baby.

Papa said...

When your youngest child moves out of the house, _then_ you worry about not getting the benefit of the doubt anymore. ;-) We still have a child living at home; we're still _taking_ the benefit of the doubt.

RaQuelle Willey said...

oh how I miss your humor! I think well into there first year and then you can always say, "well I've got three young kids." and that should qualify you too.

T & E's Blog said...

That totally cracks me up....and makes me feel not alone!!!