Friday, May 16, 2008

CHI-CA-GO!

I've taken my sweet time with posting these photos, but they're here now, so good for me. A few weeks ago I went down to Chicago with some girlfriends- without children, with husband. It was the first night away from my kids in over THREE YEARS. It was well overdue, and we had so much fun. Thing I won't forget from this trip:
  • Having cramps in my hands from carrying around heavy shopping bags all day.
  • Our crazy drive to our hotel late at night involving too many wrong turns and close calls.
  • Being shushed by the hotel manager for being laughing too loud in our hotel room.
  • Getting caught in the rain shopping the magnificent mile.
  • Devouring my first REAL deep dish Chicago pizza.
  • Childishly laughing at our warped body shapes in fun house mirrors.
  • Sitting on the floor of the dressing room at the end of the second day critiquing graduation dresses for Pam, Mandie and Abby.
  • Making plans for the reunion trip! (Remember that!)
Thanks, girls for being such great friends and examples. Next time, New York?

1 comment:

Meija said...

Wow! How fun to go on a trop like that... shopping, eating, and no kiddos. Score!!!