Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hailey's choice of friends at the mall is lacking.

So, every time I go to the mall with Hailey we walk past the Victoria Secret store, and she greets the girls. "Hi Girls!" And when we leave, "Bye Girls!" The seven scantily clad models are met every time we walk out of the parking complex and into the main shopping area. The first several noted encounters I ignored it and just walked on, pulling Hailey's hand a bit more firmly. After it was obvious that this was a well-ingrained routine, I asked her, out of ALL THE MANNEQUINS in the mall, WHY IS SHE FRIENDS WITH THESE?

Her explanation: They are wearing swimsuits [fine explanation for me] so they must be going to the beach all as girlfriends together. They are all girls. And they get to wear pretty shoes with their swimsuits, too, and that's neat. They should have swimsuits that cover their tummies, but they are happy and having fun.

The question is, at what age do I tell her it's time to get some new friends at the mall?

1 comment:

Aaron and Kristel said...

That is one of the funniest stories I've heard in awhile..hehe! I love how Hailey's mind works. :) She is so adorable!