Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Post Script to Sr. Ball: Hailey's List

When I told Hailey that John and I were going to a "Ball," she was both awestruck and dumbfounded.

"I didn't even know Balls were real!" Hailey complained. "I thought the were just pretend and only happened with Kings."

And then she tried to grease the wheels.

"I can come with you, you know. I could wear my Nutcracker dress and I would be really quiet and I wouldn't talk the whole time like when the missionaries come over and you get mad at me. And we could dance together, and I would just eat a little of your food."

Tempting, but no.

So a few days after this she approached me with another plan.

"If I can't go to the ball with you, I want you to take pictures for me. I want you to write down a list of everything I want pictures of, and I want you to take the list to the dance."

And I did. So in honor of Hailey, here is an abridgment of her list with corresponding photos.

Photobucket
The Top.

Photobucket
The Bottom.

Photobucket
The Outside of It All.

Photobucket
Any fancy things.

Photobucket
The Food.

Photobucket
Lights (the fancy ones).

Photobucket
This wasn't on her list, but I know my daughter well, and this was her favorite picture. It's the bathroom.

2 comments:

onnuh said...

My favorite is the Colgate toothpaste sitting on the fancy tables.

Mindy said...

I had to come back after looking at Laurie's blog where she said the party favors didn't match the ballroom setting--hilarious!