Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What Hailey doesn't want to be when she grows up.

This one I got from my neighbor Carolyn.

Hailey was playing over at their house for a little bit and was (unsolicitedly, I'm sure) listing off to Carolyn all the things she wants to be when she grows up. I did not have this list recounted to me, but I'm sure it included a cook, a fireman, a soccer player for the Olympics, a teacher, a ballerina, and anything with a microphone or where she could be on TV.

"But," Hailey said, "I know what I don't want to be when I grow up. I don't want to be a screwdriver."

"A screwdriver?"

"Nope."

"Why not?" Carolyn asked, I'm sure more than a little perplexed.

"Because I would be too scared to dive in the ocean."

"You mean a scuba diver?"

"Yeah. That."

I wouldn't want to be a screwdriver either, Hailey.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That made me laugh! I love reading about all the funny things Hailey says.

Larissa said...

A girl of many talents. Olivia says she is making her head loose so you might want to watch out for that.

Melina said...

How funny! A scuba diver is exactly what Ben wants to be -- one that finds treasure, of course. That, and a librarian, and someone who owns a store that sells all things Harry Potter.

Ben's advice for Hailey: She's probably not afraid of the water; it's probably just shooting the sea monsters and big fish. That's the hard part.